Fa. Fa. Fa. Fa. Fashun!!

Turn to the left!
Oooo it's a positive melannnnge of animals in this post...a melangerie if you will...(snigger)

So, to begin...
As Elvis nearly once said...
"Treat me nice, treat me good, cos I DO have a wooden heart"...
...and it's been featured (amongst many other lovely stuffs!) in a fashion shoot in a proper magazine and everything!

Oh yes! Pug Hearts have gone all fashionista baby and one can be seen in the March edition of Scotlands cutting edge culture magazine The Skinny


Photograph courtesy of Sarah Connolly Photography


Sneaky peak preview cos I'm good like that...much excitable skipping and giggling from the MimiLove joint!
A new batch of puggy hearts are currently underway and will be appearing at Miso Funky. Get 'em while they're hot!! ;0)




To quote the Kiora Crows: "wuff, wuff wuff wuff wuff wuff wuff-wuff I'll be your dog"...
Well I wont, but I'll certainly have a go at painting it...



I was commissioned to paint this recently. Doggy mum doesn't know she's getting it. It's for her birthday too so I've got double the panic ... that's me back behind the sofa for a few days!



And finally...
As Bette Midler would have sung if I'd have had my way..."You are the wind beneath me chicken wings"

Watercolour hen itching for stitching!!



S'not finished yet... speaking of which we had the obligatory visit from the relatives germbags little darlings over the half term and as ever they have left in their wake a pile of destruction and a disease in the form of yet another stinking cold, but as soon as I recover from this particular strain of kiddus germinus, I'll be at it like the wind with the needles, so pop back soon(ish) if you can bovvered...meantime I can be found behind a sofa, reeking of Vics and generally feeling sorry for myself...although very excited as there's a bit of something occuring between me the wonderous FancyPicnic!...teeeeheeee!!


Thank you for dropping by x;0)

Comments

Undaunted said…
Congratulations on the wooden heart thing!

The portrait looks lovely. How catchy was that Kiora ad?? I know two girls who had it sung to them constantly - one was called Dora and the other was called Kiera.

Hope you feel better soon!
Hello,
That dog looks just like ours!
Wonderful painting of the dog and the hen.x
Brook said…
Love the pug!
Anonymous said…
That lab is beautiful. I am even more in awe of your incrediable skills ... I can't even imagine trying to capture such nuances of a totally black dog with any kind of paint, much less watercolor.
hens teeth said…
Puggy pendants are centre of attention in a fashion shoot.

Quite right too, as Mimilove's paintings are clever, special and are a real beaut!
Louise said…
Wow you are famous! Hooray!
We all knew you'd be famous one day!

p.s. love love love the chicken!
'fancypicnic' said…
LOVE the pug!!!

Hey, what's occuring....??? See you on't blog Sunday!

Popular Posts