PSSST....'ere missus...wanna buy budgie?!

OOO it's good to be back, fair missed the blogging and my bloggy chums I have, so big HELLO! to you all!

Well I have recovered from the marathon stitch fest for Aardvark; I'm rested, caked and ready to go and lately I have mostly been painting n stuffin' budgies...not literally as clearly that would be wrong plus the buggers don't stay still for long enough

A spanky new flock of budgie stufferies..winging..(titter)...their way off to Miso Funky towers for your purchasing pleasure, so if you're looking for a unique and orignal way to say "Happy Christmas Darling!"...consider the gift of budgie...it's the gift that just keeps on giving!!

So here they are to brighten up a dull October day
Budgie no.1:




All aquamariney blues with whiffs of yellow sitting in his stitchy cage. As my dear derranged and ever so slightly violent Nanny Miles used to say "OOO's a pretty boy then?!?" (...she also used to swear a LOT but I didn't think it would be appropriate in this instance...altho it has given me an idea for a new range!)

A dingly,jingly bell and a sprinkling of french knots, glass beads in blues and oranges and tinsy drops of glittery gold add a bit of sparkle!

Budgie no.2




A rather inquisitive chappy...got any Trill going?

Jingly gold bell and a garland of stitchy flowers interspersed with sequinny blooms in shades of pinks and clashy oranges, french knots and dinky glass beads

Budgie no. 3



ooo hello, it's budgie no.2's twin...same budgie, different day as they say...sort of! Shades of pinks and reds in the florals to ring the changes


Budgie no. 4


"Polly wanna cracker?!" better get him one quick of he'll be shovelling down those flowers like billy-o!
Silver metal chain with a cluster of tinkly silver bells sits amongst hand stitched flowers n shiney silky turquoise with fluorescent green french knots, glass beads and multi toned sequinny bits

Budgie no.5


Feathery fella florally festooned in er... pinks, reds oranges and golds...with bells on!

Budgie no. 6


Reds, oranges and glittery gold surround our final feathery friend!

All the gang are hand painted in acrylics, hand embroidered and then finished with spotty ribbony loops, black & white gingham backing and the merest whiff of lavender for your hanging and sniffing pleasure!



(Please note cage not included...it's me mother-n-laws and she'd go mental!)

So head on over to Miso Funky and get 'em whilst they're hot, get 'em whilst they're stuffed...get stuffed!

Also in the works are a range of new mini's for Miso, global swapping action with my new Tokyo based chum Monsterosity which I'm unbelievably excited about and a pretty kitty commission...and also some napping and probably some steamed pudding and custard action

Thanks for droppin' by! x;0)

Comments

Jo said…
These are fantastic! and already sold out. I guess that's what happens when you got so much Mimi love floatin around.
threadstar said…
amazing... miso and monsterosity = super talent... good to see cool stuff happenin' kro
Tiff said…
Hi Mimi. I've missed you much! Love the birds.
Carol Q said…
you have been missed but you've made up for it with the budgies. having had two of my own in the past, i can see how life like they are - they've even got personalities LOL
Hi Mimilove and welcome back! So glad you didn't literally paint and stuff your budgies.

I don't want to make you big headed, but these birdies are grrrreat. Wonderful colours and stitches. BFN. Lesley
ArtPropelled said…
Welcome back funny girl! Love the budgies! So what else is new?
Jeez you make me laugh! :0))))) Really, you could write a great book!

Loving your work as always and hugs to you for your lovely, kind comments on my wee blog x
Wonderful series my dear!
Love their adorable poses & personalities...
Happy Friday*
Clare said…
OOH I love your birdie friends they're all so lovely!!
sometimes sarah said…
lol thanks. some issues are worked now. More things need to be ironed out though.
love your new work!!!
cristina said…
hola!
son una monada...me encantan!!!!
son geniales como nos tienes acostumbrados, felicidades!
cristina
NickiLee said…
I Looooooooove every single one of your birdies! Beautiful work! I found your art by messing around on Flicker - so happy I did as your work is simply AWESOME! I'm going to have to save you as one of my favorites on my blog so I won't miss out on any of your future creations. Thanks for sharing!
queencraftygirl said…
Hey Mimi,
Great job!! You look like you have been Super busy. I love your birds-they are amazing :D

Love,
Queeny
Cherry said…
I SO LOVE THEM ALL! Birdies cushions! Bright idea.com!
Mimi, I love the hint you gave me to make an Ammy cushion! I was lacking some ideas for my embroidery projects! Thats great, Im sooo doing that! Hope the patternbook post helps! And good luck with your friend Miss Sewing Machine! She is not that scary, eheheh, I bet she likes you already! I will put some cool stuff about the subject soon, Im just gathering material...
A big hug!
Joanie Hoffman said…
Dear Laura,
I finally have Internet access!
Plop's fantastic portrait arrived while I was in the hospital for my broken leg (in 3 places, no less!).
My sister, Jeanie & I were in Baltimore at a Joe Cocker/Dave Mason concert(that's were I broke my leg, not where I've been for 3 months). Thanks for checking in at my blog.
xox,
Joanie joaniehoffman at gmaildot com
Dot said…
Hello hello! Many thanks for visiting my blog. Am having lots of fun looking at your art. You budgie pillows are so, so beautiful..
Dot said…
Oh, I am very sorry to have missed out on one of your birds! Will you be making any more of them?
Am loving your art:)
Dot
Unknown said…
Bom dia amiga! Que vc tenha uma ótima semana.
bjs

O tempo é muito lento para os que esperam
Muito rápido para os que tem medo
Muito longo para os que lamentam
Muito curto para os que festejam
Mas, para os que amam, o tempo é eterno.
William Shakespeare
Anonymous said…
Wow...YOU do wonderful work! Such creativity!!! LOVE THEM! Keep up the great work!!!

Popular Posts