Eggs is eggs!


Hello my bloggy chums, I hope you are all spiffing and had a lovely Easter?


Things were a bit lively at MimiLove Towers this year with a visit from the rellies which meant the mother-in-law buying a half hundred weight of quiche, a frantic de-cobwebbing of the "best room" and polishing the guinea pig in readiness for the Big Easter Egg hunt (laid on for the various grandchildren, her's not mine....how rude!)

Altho that nearly came to blows when I found them all and had them in my basket before they arrived...she made me put them back which I have to say I thought throughly unsporting; you can't just go around making up stupid rules about them being "meant for the kids" willy nilly...I found them fair n square...*sulk*

Now if you've been wondering where the trumpet blowing and excited giggling has been coming from, it's nowt to do with the upcoming Royal Wedding; it nary seems like yesterday since Charles and Diana got hitched that I was prancing around my bedroom in my bridesmaid's dress with one of mum's best net curtains on my head in celebration...see Miss Middleton, should've come to me for dress tips!

So, no, the giggling and trumpet blowing is me!

As some of my Facebook followers will know, I've copped a two page spread in a magazine...and not Goat Keeper Weekly as certain family members sporting a newly bruised shin suggested...but the fabulous Cross Stitcher!

The interview actually took place a few months ago, with the wonderful and very patient Judy Darley. She put up with my inane wittering, terrible grammar and appalling inappropriately sized photography and I expect by now is lying down in a darkened room recovering from her ordeal!


So a big MimiLove thank you to Judy and the team for all their efforts and making me sound like I know what I'm doing! Issue no 239...pages 24 and 25...out now...if you're interested ;0)

I've also had the honour of "meeting" the lovely Avril Halliday, embroiderer extraordinaire and President of the Northern Ireland Embroider's Guild no less! I'm hoping to see some of Avril's joyous work in the flesh one day as she creates beautiful mixed media pieces featuring all sorts of wonderousness including embroidery, handmade silk paper, silk and velvet fabrics, flowers and seedheads...mmm!




Yoink! Photos courtesy of Avril Halliday


You can see more of Avril's work here: http://www.stitchamaze.com/gallery-guest/avrilhalliday.aspx

So, this week I will mostly be painting guinea pigs (not literally, far too squeaky) and finally starting work on the latest Royal Wedding themed collaboration piece between me and the Idiom homeboys
(Pre-painty stitchyness shot)


Coming up in the next thrilling edition:

To celebrate her birthday the fabulous Carina is holding a series of giveaways featuring pieces fellow stitchers and this wee fella courtesy of moi!


Some hot Grrl & Dog commission action and if you want sneaky preview or just can't bear the thought of me chuntering on about it next time, hop on over to Denise's blog! :)
(Hot pre-stitchy Baxter action)


And an Aundrey Hepburn commission without embroidery...argh! :)
Right I'm off to pat down grandma and search the best room...they can't have found all of them surely??

Big loves and thanks for droppin' by!

Comments

Gina said…
Congratulations on the article! Off to follow on facebook!
Lins Artyblobs said…
Congrats! Well done you.
Carol Q said…
ooh - I know what you look like now! Lol. brill - congrats Karen. I shall have to get a copy of that. sounds like you have plenty on the go at the moment to keep you occupied.
Carol Q said…
ooh - I know what you look like now! Lol. brill - congrats Karen. I shall have to get a copy of that. sounds like you have plenty on the go at the moment to keep you occupied.
Trekky said…
Painting guinea pigs? Now this I am looking forward too!

Congrats on the article!
Congrats and well done Mimi - also love the commission you worked for 'Grrl Dog' - I swear that dog is smiling! Have a good week, Lesley x
Anonymous said…
ah there he is!

Nice spread too, boy you have been busy.

Why did I choose to go on a no carb diet just before Easter??
duh..
ArtPropelled said…
Well done Mimi Love!! Congrats on the magazine spread and wishing you good luck on getting yourself into Goat Keeper Weekly in the near future. Maybe Bruised-shins has a few connections in the goaty world. I was so excited to see your masterpiece over at Grrl's. This time i feel that I know the star of the painting personally so it makes it even more special.
Carrie said…
Heyup! I love Denise's blog, looking forward to seeing what you come up with for her lovely dog. My mardy landlady won't let me have any pets, I'll have to make do with seeing the master pieces you come up with for everyone elses. Thanks for visiting and following my little blog.
ArtPropelled said…
Hello Mimi me love. Just taking a break while we wait for the balcony kiss. Are you enjoying the Royal Wedding? I've been glued to the screen since sparrow and wondered if you were hitting the bubbly.
Annie and Lyn said…
Well done on your two-page spread! Are your feet back on the floor yet? I don't think mine would be. That's quite an achievement. Love Grrl Dog!

Popular Posts