HAPPY NEW YEAR!! :)




Oh gordon bennett!  So much for my “will set aside time to update blog on regular basis in New Year” resolution then?!

Where are now, nearly March, last Blog was Christmas…hmm..

Yay Welcome to the new Tri-monthly Mimilove Forever blog folks! ;0)

Happy New Year! Better late than never eh?! Bit like when the other half rocked up 20mins late for our wedding day.  I was none too impressed and him and the best man did nothing to improve my mood when they came flying into carpark, “Sweeny” style and hysterical with laughter.

Turns out they had arrived in time but had gone into the old folks home next-door to registry office.  Went in and the perplexed receptionnist asks “how can I help?”

He said I’m here to get married.  She obviously had quite a good sense of humour cos she took the pair of them into the day room where the old dear’s were all sitting, and with a casual sweep of her arm said “take your pick”

Sort of set the tone for the whole marriage really…anyway!

Shutting my face now as I need to show you my tits….(oh I will NEVER get tired of that!)…sorry! ;0)

YAY NEW TIT PILLOWS!  Some of my regular followers (and gawd bless you for sticking around!) may remember about 3million years ago I did a selection of birds on wee pillows, well they kind of came to a shuddering halt when the front fell off my sewing machine at the same time the car died.  However Santa did the decent thing with a LOT of hinting, have new machine will sew…huzzah!
So first up:

NICE TITS!



Ah, what a love, he’s copped a visual on you and you’ve obviously made quite an impression!
Stitchy words:  “May I say you are looking particularly lovely today?!”



His wee stitchy mate in the shrubbery concurs: “Indubitably!”
The very polite chap and his posh mate are nestled in amongst the hand stitched undergrowth in all the colours of the rainbow. Also has a bit of glitteryness going on in the shape of some sequinny leaves and golden glass beads


Front is painted and stitched onto unbleached calico. Backing is a heavyweight black and white gingham and is filled with hollowfibre padding. Also features a pink cord and chiffon ribbon for your suspending pleasure!



Brace yourselves…THE COCKNEY SPARRA’S ARE BACK…WHEY-HEY!!

Meet Hank…I have done him once before but he bears repeating! :)



He says: "Gordon Bennett! I'm bleedin' Hank Marvin! I'm goin for a Ruby Murray, then off down the rub-a-dub for a swift pig's ear"


Let me know if you require a translation?!  Brighten up your day the Cockney way!



OOO now this IS new!  A Cockney Lavender bag…it don’t ‘art pen & ink!!  



So I've been having a bash at lavender bags, trouble is I've now got a kilo of the stuff in my sewing room and now all I want to do when I go in is have a nap! ;0)


Anyway Cockney themed, hand stitched with flowery gubbins and Cockney slang!
PEN & INK = STINK! (but in a nice way!)



Next...BWARK!!


A glittery chicken pillow! Not literally a pillow for glittery chickens although that's not say you couldn't use it for that if you have a glittery chicken!

A free style painting of a hen in shades of chickeny browns with lilac contrast and metallic paints.



I have hand stitched ears of corn and wheat in shades of yellows and orange with added metallic threads in glittery golds. Hand stitched chicken "wire" and small hen details.

Hand stitched word reads "BWARK!"

Last but not least…FANCY A SHAG?!  YAY! Thoroughly inappropriate gift for a loved one ;)
Look all I’m saying is, give a bird a stupid name, don’t expect me to ignore it!


A free style painting of a Cormorant/Shag, just sitting on his rock watching the world go by.


I have festooned him with a silky shiny briny sea, hand stitched in shades of blues and silver silks and metallic threads which shimmer when they catch the light.
A glittery fish in shades of purple and metallic green keeps him company.

Words read "fancy a shag?!"


All hand painted-hand embroidered-hand stuffed! Available for your birdy squidging pleasure over on the ol’ Etsy shop!

Right I expect i’ve bored you rigid by now so before you start drooling on your key board I shall clear off!  But there is some exciting stuff going on which I will tell you all about…soon…ahem!  Suffice to say there’s a workshop to report, an exciting new group of stitchy gals to tell you about and I’m going to be in a book in Brazil…blimey! ;0)

So stay tuned if you can be bothered or come over to my Facebook page and join in the fun!! :)

Big loves my homies and thanks for droppin’ by!
x

Comments

Flaming Nora said…
I love your Tits.
Also my favourite joke of all time!
Lyn said…
The best way to start the day is by reading one of your posts. Love 'em! As always, your paintings are scrummy.
iHanna said…
Oh wow, so many beautiful birds and crazy ideas my dear, please post more often to cheer up my days! :-)
bonzogirl said…
You are barking!!!!! and thats i love your sense of humour and art!you don't have to be mad...but it helps !!!!!!:O)
bonzogirl said…
You are barking!!!!! and thats i love your sense of humour and art!you don't have to be mad...but it helps !!!!!!:O)
Gina said…
Can't begin to tell you how much you've brightened up my evening!Fabulous work!
Claire said…
My goodness missus, you have been very creative and productive....
Love the story about the Mr.!!
Look forward to hearing about the exciting stuff too.....

Claire xx

Popular Posts